Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Week On The Big Horn


I spent the following week on the Big Horn River with a group of guides from Sweetwater Travel and I can not say enough good things about the experience. I learned a lot of new tips/tricks and definitely expanded my list of fishing destinations.

The weather held nicely and we even got into some surface fish during the early stages of the olive hatch. The most productive techniques were stripping streamers and dead drifted nymphs but I did find a few good stretches of swing water in the lower river.


The grab and first run of these fish were as good as most of the valley halfpounders, they just didn't make multiple runs and put of a fuss when being landed.



The average fish was 15-16 in with a few fish in the 20+ range.

This is a great place and I am sure that I will return. I would love to see this place when the dry flies are going strong during the summer.

The tug is the drug
Adrian